What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is marketing that takes place on digital platforms i.e the internet. It used to be called online marketing. Digital channels include search engines, social media, email, websites, and text. Digital marketing agencies such as ourselves specialise in digital marketing.
The aim usually is to target customers (consumers or clients) with relevant messaging. The metric for success varies but it’s usually to drive traffic, increase clicks, generate leads or sales.
It is no longer possible to achieve success by focusing on only one channel, as in the past when it was feasible to do so (for instance, search engine optimisation; SEO). If you want to be successful you need to make use of all of the marketing channels that are accessible to you.
What is a Digital Marketing Agency?
The concept of a full-service digital marketing firm emerged as a means of satisfying the ever-increasing demand from customers. A digital marketing agency offers a broad range of services to its clients provides services such as search engine optimisation (SEO), administration of sponsored campaign SEO to paid campaign management, and Website Development.
By the time you’re finished reading this blog you’ll know exactly what these terms mean and why they’re so important.
When it comes to outsourcing your digital marketing, you can use this list as a reference to help you decide where to start first with your budget and marketing strategy.
What are the advantages of digital marketing?
- Cost effective, as mentioned already.
- You get to be laser focused on your audience type and where in their research journey they are so the message is super effective and more likely to resonate.
- Digital marketing is measurable. You can track clicks and web visits. Versus a radio campaign or billboard ad – where the reach is really only an estimate.
- Digital marketing can be adapted and changed easily. You can change halfway through if you realise the desired effect isn’t happening. Maybe it’s due to the message or the content itself.
What digital marketing services are right for your business?
Digital marketing services encompass a number of different areas across digital marketing. They are geared towards driving brand awareness, lead generation for example. They can be free or paid depending on the company budget. Channels include social media marketing, search engine optimisation and email marketing.
The digital marketer usually focuses on improving different key performance indicator (KPI) for each marketing platform so that they can ensure results and achieve key business objectives. For example, a digital marketer who’s in charge of SEO, looks at the company’s organic traffic for their website.
Like marketing in general there are a number of key elements to consider when investing in digital marketing such as your audience. Who are they? What are their challenges? What are their behaviours and habits? Anothjer key consideration will be what you are trying to achieve ultimately with the marketing spend. Each campaign should have different budget and clear SMART goals to achieve.
Here’s a quick rundown of some of the most common digital marketing tactics and the channels involved in each one.
1. Search engine optimisation (SEO)
The optimisation of a website for search engines comes first on the list. Many digital marketing services begin with search engine optimisation (SEO) as their fundamental product because it is the most popular service offered by digital agencies.
This is due to the fact that search engine optimisation (SEO) is the method that is the most efficient in bringing natural traffic to your website by getting high ranks in Google and other search engines.
The following are the SEO services supplied by companies that are the most frequently requested:
On-Page SEO: On-page SEO services involve the use of strategies that are designed to make your content more user and search engine-friendly. The material, both written and visual, that is readily available to the user is where the emphasis is placed here.
Technical SEO: This service deal with issues that are technical in nature, such as page speed, canonical URLs, SSL, schemas, and other components that assist search engines in better comprehending the content of a website.
Off-Page SEO: Off-page SEO services, also known as link-building services, deal with elements that are located outside of the confines of a website and have the potential to impact the ranking position of a website inside the search engine results pages (SERPS).
Local search engine optimisation: It is the form of optimisation solution that is most suited for local businesses. It involves making adjustments to your website so that it will show up higher in relevant local search results.
eCommerce SEO: It is currently a very competitive field as a result of the proliferation of online shopping. It is the process of making certain that your online store is appropriately optimised for keywords that have the intention of being purchased.
Keyword Research: Some advertising companies provide keyword research as a separate service from their other offerings. This is very helpful for customers who do not want the whole package but do need assistance in locating the appropriate keywords to include in their article.
SEO Audits: Performance An additional common service connected to SEO is an SEO Audit. An SEO Audit allows you to examine how well a website relates to recommended practices for SEO and determine how effective it is.
Before committing to a monthly SEO package, it is a good idea for customers to hire an agency to undertake an SEO audit as it is a fantastic method to evaluate the quality of the services that the agency provides.
2. Facebook Ads Management
Facebook Ads Management is another common service that marketing organisations typically provide for their clients.
For a digital marketing plan to be considered comprehensive, Facebook and Instagram must both be utilised.
Deliverables that are very standard for Facebook Ads services include the following:
- Using both Facebook and Instagram to run sponsored advertising campaigns.
- Organising the creatives and content for your advertisements
- Increasing efficiency while decreasing expenditures on advertisements
- Reporting on a monthly basis
- Creating shopping advertisements with the help of a product feed
- Conducting A/B testing to determine which sorts of campaigns, audiences, and advertisements yield the greatest results
You too may become an expert in Facebook Ads and provide this as a service to the people who hire you for digital marketing work, whether you work as a freelancer or run a digital marketing firm.
3. Social Media Marketing
Our experiences working with customers over the past decade have led us to the conclusion that, in their minds, digital marketing services are synonymous with social media marketing.
The readymade communities and active audience base that are provided by the various social media channels contribute significantly to the efficacy of targeting and advertising.
The following are some areas of the social media marketing that have become a significant part of the services provided by digital agencies:
Copywriting and graphic design to create material that is prevalently designed for various social media networks.
- Putting together a content schedule
- The process of developing a marketing plan for social media
- The development of consumer personas and profiles
- Monitoring services for social media to determine how consumers now feel about the company
- Strategies for influencer marketing and brand partnership should be used on social media platforms.
4. Google Ads Management
If you want to market your business digitally on Google, the platform that you should use is called Google Ads. The following are examples of digital marketing companies that offer services on Google Ads:
- Organising advertising efforts
- Trying out a variety of alternative advertisements formats
- Monitoring and improving the effectiveness of the campaign
- Providing updates on the status of the campaign
- Establishing shopping and retargeting advertising strategies
- Developing consumer personas and target demographics
Display, search, and discovery advertising, as well as commerce, video, and app advertising, are some of the options available with Google Ads. The pros working at the agency also offer advice about the kind of advertisements that are effective for your company.
You should seriously consider becoming a Google Ads Partner if you want to provide management services for Google Ads to your customers or clients in the near future.
Companies (or people) who meet the standards of the Google Partner program are eligible to become partners in the Google Ads program.
You will have access to a variety of special tools as well as help from Google Ads representatives after you have become a partner.
It is also an excellent method for demonstrating to prospective customers that you have the experience and knowledge necessary to operate with Google Ads inside your own company.
5. Content Marketing Services
Material marketing is a crucial marketing technique in this day and age when consumers are continuously consuming content in some way or another.
People will be more likely to visit your website or app if it contains high-quality content, which will ultimately result in a rise in traffic and, as a result, other key metrics.
The following are some of the primary domains that content marketing services cover:
- Content strategy is the process of developing a content marketing plan to meet the organisation’s requirements for content.
- Various forms of written content, including but not limited to blogs, articles, short tales, electronic books, and white papers.
- Distribution of material involves focusing on platforms that are appropriate to the promotion of your content.
- A command of material based on SEO, as well as expertise in keyword research
- Development of marketing campaigns for various websites and social media channels
6. Link Building Services
The practice of acquiring backlinks from many other websites is referred to as “link building.”
This service is often offered by an SEO specialist or a digital marketing organisation that engages in link-building operations for your website. If you are interested in acquiring this service, contact one of these professionals now.
The following link-building tactics are included in the aforementioned list of digital marketing services:
- The practice of publishing content on other websites that are relevant to your own, with a link leading back to your own website.
- Reaching out to other possible websites and requesting a connection back to your own site is an essential part of the outreach process.
- Contacting websites that mention your brand but have not yet connected to it is part of the process known as “unlinked mentions.”
- The process of building broken links involves locating links that are broken and approaching webmasters with alternate solutions.
- Finding appropriate websites on which to form a connection in order to create links is relationship building.
7. Email Marketing Services
Email marketing is an excellent tool for generating leads, obtaining orders, gathering feedback, and connecting with your community through the use of email. Email marketing has the potential to provide significant returns for your company, provided that it is well planned out and expertly carried out
The services offered by digital agencies encompass every aspect of email marketing, from crafting messages to getting them out to customers. The following are some of the most important aspects of email marketing on which you should concentrate your efforts:
- Developing and expanding an email mailing list
- Putting in place automated processes and workflows for email marketing
- Building a community and sending emails that are interesting to read
- Monitoring the performance of emails and reporting on them
- Making efforts to develop more efficient ways for managing larger email lists
8. Conversion Optimisation Services
A data-driven digital marketing business will typically have a team of conversion optimisers on staff. These individuals are tasked with doing an analysis of your website and identifying strategies to boost conversions without necessarily raising traffic.
The following are some of the services that are included in conversion optimisation:
- Carry out an exhaustive and comprehensive review of the website.
- Conduct surveys, questionnaires, or interviews with customers to get their feedback.
- Determine where the sales funnel is losing customers based on feedback and data.
- Make adjustments to the website as well as any landing pages you have in order to boost its efficiency.
- Experiment with different content, calls to action (CTAs) and landing pages while doing A/B testing.
A skilled data-led agency or a conversion rate optimisation (CRO) professional may most certainly assist you in accomplishing your conversion goals.
9. Website Development Services
A digital presence is essential for the success of every organisation today, whether it operates offline or online. When a customer interacts with your company for the first time, they will do it through your website. Website layouts, content, design, performance, and organic ranking are all factors that visitors consider while evaluating a firm.
Therefore, it is of the utmost importance that your website is designed in a professional and aesthetically pleasing manner in order to receive the greatest amount of visitors.
The term “website development services” refers to both the front-end and back-end processes that are involved in the process of constructing a website. Creating a website that satisfies the needs of your company requires attention not just to its functionality but also to its users’ experiences.
Website developers working for marketing companies may assist you in a number of important areas, including the following:
- Build your website using the appropriate content management system.
- The wireframe of the website should be planned and designed in collaboration with your concept.
- Develop sitemap, page layouts, landing pages designs
- Your website’s coding should adhere to the plan and designs that have been agreed upon.
- Before the product is released, it should go through a series of testing and be reviewed.
- Maintain constant vigilance over, and updates to, the website in response to changes and emerging trends
10. Affiliate marketing
Affiliate marketing involves getting paid to endorse a product through commission. Is is performance based. Affiliate marketing channels include:
- Hosting video ads through the YouTube Partner Program
- Posting affiliate links from your social media accounts.
This is gaining in popularity by influencers on social media. Finding the right content creators can take your digital campaign to the next level. Influencers know their audience better than anyone and have earned their trust. If you have the same audience then this is a perfect way for you to reach them without sounding too editorial or salesy.
Bonus: Instant messaging marketing
This is a simple way to engage with potential leads and offer up relevant information quickly. Done well, it can establish a positive first impression. Marketing your products through messaging platforms is a fast way to reach potential leads, even for those who haven’t offered up their cell phone number. You can also use it as a way to update customers about new products or relevant product updates. Apps like Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp are becoming more popular means of communicating with customers.
The types of digital marketing that you engage with will depend on your overall business objectives and your budget. Start with what you would like to achieve with marketing and speak to an agency that specialises in digital marketing strategy such as us. We can assess your goals, budget and timelines and come up with a strategy that helps you get results.